Thursday, June 08, 2006

Gamble Letter #24

St Vincent
February 25, 1886


My dear aunt we got your letter and was very glad to hear that you are all well we are all well at presant i would have wrote before only I was away Lizzie and i was at a big ball at Morehead on the 22 of this month we got a pass there and back it is 240 too hunredt and forty miles we had a bit time there was over too hundred couples there was thirty too sets dancing at once so you can think what a big room it was this is my 14th dance this winter and we had a big dance at Cowans Dick Glover is up hear staying at Cowans his brother Jonie is working on the rail road about thirty miles from hear Ellen is still taking music lessons the people she is with has moved to St Vincent they are keeping Store Ellen is getting so proud that she hardely will speke to us my father is working on the rail road Still he is getting forty dollars a month we had sixty dollars of taxes to pay this year I think I have told you all the new my ink is don I will write more the next time so good by

I remain yours,
Ale Gamble

Write soon

No comments:

Post a Comment